Tree Climber, Tree Cutters & Groundsman needed
EcoGreen Tree Services – Richmond Hill, ON
These positions are available immediately. The successful candidates may be fully qualified at present or, depending on the position, may be partially trained/experienced, or enrolled in (or in-between years) the arboriculture program at Humber (or alternate qualified training facility). Reporting to the Owner or lead arborist, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Tree Cutting.
- Trimming & Pruning Trees.
- Identifying & diagnosing treatment for diseased/damaged trees.
- Operating and maintaining equipment/tools.
- Ensuring safety of operations and co-workers (safety of climber and ground crew is paramount and is dependent on a group effort that relies on communication).
- Ascending trees using rope and safety saddle, lifelines or aerial bucket truck as needed Attaching lines to affected limb or wood, cutting and lowering limb/wood, working in conjunction with assigned crew and equipment, i.e. crane, and truck.
- Chipping and cuttingfallen trees.
- Tree maintenance in the vicinity of hydro wires and compliance with all procedures and guidelines.
- Operation of aerial truck with hydraulic lifting device, inspecting the site for access and positioning of the truck.
- Operation of 5-ton dump truck, brush chipper, and a variety of power tools.
- Ensuring all equipment is safely maintained and operated, checking on a daily basis and performing preventive maintenance and minor repairs
- Responding to emergency tree concerns at any time – this could include clearing for public safety.
- Performing tree surgery, tree removal, etc.
- Assisting other staff in spraying and feeding operations; mixing, applying chemicals/nutrients.
- Assisting in tree planting operations, operating trucks and equipment to plant, stake and tie trees.
- High School (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of up to one year in Urban Tree Maintenance or equivalent. Over two (2) years and up to and including four (4) years of experience in an urban forestry environment with proven tree climbing experience.
- Safety & Awareness for Line Clearing Certificate from the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA).
- Valid non-probationary Ontario class DZ driver’s licence.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Tree Climbing: 1 year
Please send your resume to: Martin@EcoGreenLandscape.ca
ECOGREEN is an equal opportunity employer